Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dear Mother Nature, you can't get us down!

I have found myself in a "funk" in the last couple of months, but I have finally decided that it's time to buck up and update the blog regardless of how uninspired I'm feeling.
Although summer seems to be nonexistent most days, Elsie and I have still managed to take part in lots of summer activities.

I acquired a brand spanking new Schwinn mountain bike and a pull behind trailer for Elsie to ride in for mothers day and I am in love. We enjoy exploring new neighborhoods and paths with each bike ride, wind and humidity permitting of course. I am able to strap Elsie in, throw some toys in with her, some snacks, and a sippy cup, and she is set. I'm pretty certain that she enjoys the ride as much as I do, and she is usually kind enough to give me fair warning when she is almost ready to be done. It is crucial to know the difference between her happy squeals and her "Okay I've had enough Mom" squeals, otherwise I may find myself biking 5 miles back home with an angry, screaming baby (she can be a little dramatic, believe it or not)!

Another fun summer activity we have been able to take advantage of is outdoor bath time. Our apartment is equipped with a nice little deck in which the wind is blocked most days and when the sun is out, it is warm, which is perfect for pool time! Elsie loves to multitask between watching the cars go by, eating her bath toys, and laughing at her crazy Daddy.

We have also had the pleasure of attending one of the free splash parks located in town. I was fairly hesitant to bring Elsie to the crazy that is the Elks splash park, but apparently I had no reason to be, because when she laid eyes on all of the children running around and water fountains spraying, she almost passed out with excitement! Although she was excited, I was still positive that she would be terrified once we actually got next to the fountains, and again, I was so wrong. She kicked and wiggled until I put her down and she crawled, across the CEMENT, and straight into a fountain that was spraying water about 4 feet high. An older couple next to us was literally laughing out loud as they watched her crawl without any fear into a fountain where she would get a face full of water, and then come out giggling!

Our latest and possibly most exciting summer adventure was our trip to the zoo last weekend! We spent the weekend with my sister and brother-in-law to celebrate their sons first birthday party. On Sunday, everybody had left, and we decided to take a trip to the Como Zoo. Elsie was absolutely intrigued by each and every animal! There was a handful of times when she almost busted right out of our arms with excitement when she would finally spot the animal in its cage. I think it's safe to say that her favorite animals were the primates, which isn't shocking at all considering her Dad jumps around and squawks like a monkey on a daily basis (seriously). Heck, she was probably even wondering why he was holding her and not inside the cage with the rest of his friends.


We have gotten to do a lot of other things too like playing outside at Grandma Janelle and Grandpa Pauls, playing at the park, hanging out at the state park, and going for walks, but since this is already a long post, I figure I will spare you the details of each and every experience!

Now, on to the ultra exciting part, pictures!!
This has nothing to do with this post, but this is Elsie (with a mild case of bed head) catching the tail end of the Royal Wedding. She is watching William and Kate ride away in the getaway car!
She loves her silly uncle Greg! She got to spend some time swimming with him and Olivers birthday party!



Not a big fan of grass! She sat with her legs up like this for most of the time.
Daddy had to bait her with puffs and her dolly in order to get her to move.
Hanging out at the splash park and loving it!

Laughing at Daddy and his tricks!
Add caption

She loves her friend Abram! So much that she shared lots of drool with him! Oh, and she tried to eat the buttons on his overalls too.



3 comments:

  1. Umm...I want to spend days with you and Elsie!!!! Sounds like you guys have all kinds of fun!! She's so dang cute too! I love the picture of her sitting in the grass with her legs up! I will come visit asap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you added this post... I was beginning to wonder what was going on in your life :) Elsie is growing up so fast - and is getting more adorable by the minute!!! We have an awesome zoo here in Omaha - so if you guys want to make a trip, we will definitely put that on the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Britt...Elsie's getting so bit! I got a bike trailer for my birthday and can't wait to use it! I hope to go over to Nikki's house a lot with it since she's just a little over two miles away. Hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete