I have gone back and forth with the idea of starting a blog for some time now. Finally, I realized that I talk to myself so much during the day that I could take some of that and write it down in an attempt to make myself feel a little less like a crazy person, and a little more like a crazy person that is an aspiring blog author. So I am going to put it out there right now, proceed with caution, because I fully intend to use this blog to rant and rave, gush over my beautiful baby and my mostly wonderful husband , tell funny stories, and possibly add in a complaint about the lady in Target that was yelling at her child and made me want to walk up to her and give her a piece of my mind. I can't guarantee that I will always be willing and/or able to update this on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis, but I am willing to give it a try! Also, I realize that the ability to distinguish between sarcasm and legitimate feelings can be virtually unattainable via text so just remember, if you're reading something that sounds harsh, I'm more than likely making a joke. I will maybe even insert a reminder so you don't think I'm some sort of heartless schmuck.
When I first put the blog together I had all intentions of naming it something like "The So and So's", or "Keeping up with the So and So's", but I just couldn't get my finger to type out such mundane phrases! I felt inclined to really put my brain to work and name it something that had some sort of meaning to me and my family. So I ended up with "New History". It's still plain, still simple, but has meaning. This name isn't actually original to my brain though, it is actually a song by one of my favorite artists, Andy Davis (check him out at www.andydavisonline.com) . In the last year and a half, Matthew and I have moved closer to home, gotten married, and created and successfully raised our own small human being for over six months! I like to think of that day that we got married as a fresh start to our New History that we are creating as a family!
To end this post, I would like to bid you adieu, and remind you to bookmark this page so you can follow us on our journey through life!
P.S. I am not sure why our picture at the top is so enormous. I'm sure you're thinking I must be super vain, but really I am just slightly underdeveloped in blogging technology and couldn't figure out how to make it smaller!
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are wonderful and this is an awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
ReplyDeleteps.. if you go to smittenblogdesigns.blogspot.com, you can get new blog designs and one of those may make your picture smaller :) There are fun ones to look through as well. That is where I got mine!