I am finding the idea of my very own blog to be a little bit overwhelming. I have so many things that I would like to write about, that I don't have a clue where to start and how to sort through all of my ideas. After much deliberation, I have decided that my first topic of interest will be Elsie. Shocking, I know.
I have become increasingly more aware lately of just how blessed we are to have her. I find myself looking at her multiple times throughout the day wondering what I could have possibly done in order for the big man upstairs to decide that I deserve her. We spend our every waking hour together and she still seems to genuinely enjoy my company. In her 6 months of life, I have yet to walk into her room in the morning and be greeted with anything but a gigantic smile and a few babbles more than likely explaining to me how she got from one end of her crib to the other and completely flipped around gracefully placing her legs through the crib bars. She smiles so much that I often have to remind Matthew that it's perfectly normal if she doesn't smile every second of the day because if she did, she would probably get headaches and start to form permanent baby wrinkles. Speaking of Matthew, I have to admit that he may evoke some jealous feelings from me because of the fact that the child is OBSESSED with her Dad. The second he walks into the room she lights up like fireworks on the fourth of July. Everything he does is basically the funniest thing she has ever seen in her life. But ultimately, I can't complain because it is I who usually gets some of the best snuggles, the sweetest grins, and the most fascinating conversations!
I find that after a week or so in which we haven't left the house much or if we haven't had any weekend plans, I start to get restless and feel as though I could use a "break" from the stay at home Mom thing. When I get those breaks, I miss being home with Elsie. It surprises me every time when after no longer than an hour, I feel like I have gotten enough "Me" time and am dying to get back to Elsie.
The moral of this post: I am beyond grateful to have a happy, healthy, charming, and absolutely delightful little girl!
If you're leaving this blog thinking "puke" about the sappiness of this post, then I have accomplished my goal!
The exact face I see every time I walk into her room in the morning or after a nap. She hasn't even fully opened her eyes yet before she's smiling at me!
Video Warning: Matthew lacks the proper pants holding up device, therefore causing exposed crack.
I wasn't kidding when I said she thinks everything he does is the funniest thing she's ever seen.
We decided to try our own little 6 month photo shoot and here is one of my favorites from the session! She is growing into such an unbelievably sweet little girl!
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am SOO glad you got a blog :) I love seeing pictures and videos of little Elsie!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! Super cute idea!!! :) Elsie is SOOO cute!
ReplyDelete