Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Don't mind me

I have a small rant that I would like to let out at this very moment.
I don't understand why shows like "Army wives" are on television. For some people, this is not entertainment, but instead the content of this show is very real.
Now, I have only experienced a minute bit of the effects of Iraq, but it was enough to stay with me for the rest of my life. It is like torture every time I turn on the t.v. and witness an Army Wives preview. Memories of Matthews 2 year deployment come flooding back to me and a knot forms in the back of my throat. The loneliness, the constant worry, the tears shed from missing each other and losing friends, and the frequent heartache we felt each time we were told that his division was going to have to stay in Iraq just a little bit longer. I can say with absolute confidence that "Iraq Days" were the most challenging and dismal days I've experienced thus far. I was a total disaster. I am lucky to have such a strong husband because he was far stronger than I ever could have been. I was the one sitting in my comfortable, clean house while he was spending nights in blown up buildings sleeping on a cot or a concrete floor in extreme heat and cold, and he was the epitome of strong and stable! So, I commend my husband and all of the other men and women in this country that have spent time over seas, and I say shame on you America for making entertainment of something that is so real to many families in this country!

P.S. Don't be offended if you like this show. I'm not mad at you for watching it, I'm annoyed at Lifetime for using it as entertainment!

The End. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment