I find myself wondering if reading her this book has been a wise decision on my part. Am I teaching her that wosets and nupboards and zillows exist? More than that, what would I do if she came to me to speak her first word and it happened to be a made up Dr.Seuss word! Even WORSE than that, how horrified would I be if she only spoke in Dr.Seuss language. Because of my seemingly harmless book reading, she could potentially end up spending her days rhyming, wearing crazy wigs and hats, and talking about make believe objects.
Okay, let's bring it back a minute. Obviously none of this would ever happen, but this is an example of the kind of crazy love I feel for Elsie! I don't usually get quite this over-zealous, but somehow my brain can go to the most unreasonable and irrational places when thinking about whether or not I'm making the right choices for her! I don't honestly think that she's going to start speaking gibberish, but I do often wonder if she will hit all of her developments at the right times, if she will be an extrovert or an introvert, and if she will be a strong-independent woman one day. Matthew and I are her first and most important teachers, and if we were to not do our jobs as parents correctly, she could be affected for the rest of her life! Ultimately, I know that I don't have control of my destiny, so I remind myself to stop letting my brain get the best of me and enjoy the awesome life I have been given!
Today was a good day! I woke up feeling incredible! It is astonishing how much the weather affects my mood. Waking up to 30 degrees and sunshine is the BEST feeling when we have just spent the last week hiding out from 40 below wind chills! I opened up every curtain and window in our apartment and am planning on enjoying the fresh air into the evening. Fresh air is indisputably good for the soul!
When I opened the window in our room, I also laid Elsie on the bed with her dolly while I got ready for the day and did other things. She was the most content she has been in days. She spent at least 45 minutes looking out the window, taking in the fresh air, and telling stories to her dolly (and chewing on her foot once in awhile, dolly's foot that is).
I hope you all were able to have a day like mine or at least have one soon!
I tried to get a little video of her babbling, but of course when I turn on the camera, she starts to whine about her teeth! I thought I would share anyway because towards the end she is doing that funny old man face/sucking on her bottom lip thing!


Your blog makes me happy :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! That's my goal! I'm glad you like reading it!
ReplyDeleteWonderful blog Britt! Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete