Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A little self reflection

I would like to preface today's post by saying that blogging may become my newest (and only for that matter) hobby! I get some sort of exhilarating release and satisfaction from writing. It makes me happy, therefore I will continue to do it.
Next I would like to thank Danielle for directing  me to www.smittenblogdesigns.blogspot.com so I could snazzy up my page and make it a happier place.
Finally, to get to the substance. Today was spent mostly doing schoolwork for a class that I am taking that is called "Home, School, and Community Relationships". We are currently reading a book entitled "The Essential Conversation". In reading this book I have done a lot of self-reflection. I have realized that I am a chronic "reactor" when I should be a consistently calm "responder". In other words, I don't always think before I speak. I am the worst to my poor husband. He gives me nothing but unconditional love and tries to please me to his absolute best, and in return, he has a spastic wife who tends to over react! I usually get over things fairly quickly, but wouldn't it just be easier if I eliminated them all together? So, I am vowing right now to work on this. I vow to always (try to) remember to stay composed and think things over before I respond!
I also found in my reflection that the older I get, the more intolerant I am for things that annoy me. I honestly pray almost daily for God to give me the guidance and strength that I need to become more tolerant and understanding. I desire to be more compassionate and understanding, but I have found that it is just one of those things that is so much easier said than done! This, is a work in progress.

On a lighter note, today Elsie and I did our typical routine. Eat, play,sleep, eat, poop, play, sleep, eat, you get the drift. She has recently started the full throttle teething process. My sweet little angel turns into an all-out wild animal, rolling around on the floor while she grunts, growls, and drools as she ravenously attacks anything that comes in contact with her throbbing gums! Last night when we were out to dinner with our friends, she kept dropping her teething toys, so clearly the next logical choice would be to chew on the table. Uh, GROSS! How badly must her teeth hurt, that she wants to chew on a germ-ridden table top?! Either way, welcome to the next year and a half of my life.
Today she ate her last jar of peas! Success! The introduction of peas has been a laboring one. She didn't necessarily like sweet potatoes the first time she had those either, I knew this because she gagged for about 5 seconds after the first spoonful, followed by a look that clearly stated "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING TO ME". The child isn't much for surprises. I have no idea how she got that way. Anyway, tomorrow we are trying bananas. I predict that those will be like gold to her compared to those revolting green peas. Stay tuned!

I will leave you with a little something to ponder....
Are one handed people offended when police tell them to put their hands up?

Okay but seriously, I will leave you with a picture to get you through your day!

I was trying to capture the essence of her current state of teething. Not a very flattering picture, but I think I succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment