When I decided that I was going to stay home with Elsie, I had two worries. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to take classes, and I was worried that she would miss out on some sort of socialization if she wasn't going to daycare. Well, I have been able to take classes and she seems to be thriving quite well in the socialization department thus far.
From about 3 months to about 5 and a half months she played strange with almost every person she came in contact with! We often see Grandma Janelle 2 or 3 times a week, and as of about a month ago, it was clear that Elsie was still having doubts about her. After a few minutes, the memories of Grandma would come rushing back to her because suddenly she would change from being cautious and tense to beaming with joy and satisfaction. I will admit that it has crossed my mind that I am turning her into an anti-social being, but I have come to the conclusion that she is just cautious, and I find that to be a very positive quality. I wouldn't want her jumping into just any old persons arms, but on the flip side, I wouldn't want her to think that I am the only person she can interact with! I think she has found a happy medium.
I have a lot more to say, but unfortunately at this very moment, my head feels like it is about to explode from sinus pressure and my brain has closed up shop. It has literally taken me hours to write this short little post, and my sickness has taken all of the joy out of writing today. I won't fail you next time. I promise.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment