Today my friends, is Superbowl Sunday. The day my husband has been waiting for for months. Way back in 97' when my Matthew was in 7th grade, he jumped on the Packers bandwagon, and has faithfully followed and stuck with them since. The previous sentence is one that I have heard uttered from Matthews mouth probably 500 times in the 6 years we have been together. He is a true die-hard Packers fan.
Since the beginning of our relationship, I have denied getting any enjoyment from football, however, as this season progressed, I have come to fancy a Sunday afternoon/evening of football. As I am writing this, I am slightly regretting it, because I know Matthew is reading this, laughing, and thinking these words: "I knew I could convert her". I need to point out that it is not necessarily the football that I have come to enjoy, rather the gatherings with our friends in which we socialize and consume insalubrious dishes! I think I can say the same for Elsie. She has become rather fond of Daddy's friends. She likes to sit on the floor in front of the T.V. and flash the boys her charming smile, sometimes adding in commentary to go along with the game. She considers them to be quite entertaining until she finds herself shaking and in tears because one of them has jumped up and screamed at the T.V. Not only does she not like surprises, she is sensitive too. Yet again, I have no idea how she got that way.<----Insert sarcastic tone here.
Today we are unable to be with our friends, so instead we are with our family, which is even better in my opinion. We will be spending the evening watching the game and commercials, eating more unhealthy but oh-so-delicious foods, and cheering very loudly for the Packers. So...Go Packers!!! Personally, I couldn't care less, but please win, because I don't want a cranky husband for the week. Thank you.
On a completely unrelated note. I am going to post some pictures that my Mom took of Elsie today in her church outfit. I completely mean to brag when I say that she is the most ravishing little girl I have ever come across. I may be a little biased.
I have a special place in my heart for these piano photos! She loooved hearing herself playing the notes!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment